All theory and practice follow the latest internal and external scientific research and studies. All topics, programs and technical levels of the seminar/workshop/lecture/course can be adjusted.
Animal Behavior Modification, A New Human Science-Based View
Anthrozoology | Mentoring
This seminar is the result of all Roberto Barata’s career over these years, with passages in different dog training fields, since the military working dogs to his present researching, coaching, counselling and mentoring work with owners and professionals with different species and daily intercultural practical experience.
This seminar is a deep reflection of animal behavior modification in human societies and about us, as animals, with solid argumentation, real facts and a science-based approach to his training philosophy and techniques.
As a result of lack of an anthrozoological view in animal behavior modification, Roberto introduced new concepts and models based on scientific evidence and empirical knowledge, demystifying popular theories, concepts and current approaches, including the professionals daily life and all their difficulties.
The Mentoring component applied to animal training will give to the participants a set of new professional tools for communicating with their clients in real situations of trainer’s life.
You will be challenged to use your own critical thinking and improve yourself as a professional and person. One to four days seminar.
Other possible theoretical and practical topics for courses, seminars or personalised services (Dogs, cats, horses, guinea pigs)
- Anthrozoology (The human social animal; the animals in society; the contrast of cultures; applying anthrozoology in animal behavior modification; the different ethical approaches; animal welfare; the past-present-future; animal professionals challenges).
- Animal Behaviour, Language and Learning.
- Intra / Inter-specific communication.
- Animal behaviour problems with study cases.
- Practical applications of anthrozoology, ethology and behaviourism.
- Advanced behavioural modification programming.
- Canine Scent Detection.
- Critical thinking, Leadership, Life Coaching and Mentoring to animal field professionals.
- Personalized courses for companion animal families (kids and adults).
- Personalized courses in the professional, academical, governmental, operational and other specific areas of animal behavior modification.
- Contact us only when you have the subject, the date, location of the event and the number of expected attendees.
- The standard schedule for all events: 10.00 to 13.00 and 14.30 to 17.30.
- The organizer has the role to choose the correct place according to the event needs, to advertise the event actively and take care of all logistic.
- The organizer can sell products and have a sponsor, but the speaker is under no obligation to your sponsor(s) or products. Speaker accepts no personal sponsors in order to maintain his professional and academic integrity.
- Attendees cannot film and or take pictures of the event.
- The speaker will need a projector with a VGA or HDMI connection, a sound system with handheld and lapel microphones, a mini-jack connection to a computer and a writing board.
- The total fee and expenses are divided into three portions that the organizer must pay no later than the dates stipulated in the contract and do not include the travel and accommodation. The first payment (deposit) it is to confirm the date and is non-refundable. If the organizer cancels the event less than four weeks from the event date, he has to pay the expenses incurred (like flight tickets) plus half of the seminar fee.
- A signed service contract is required.