My name is Roberto Barata, since 2004 I work professionally with dogs and other animals, being an integral part of my life over this years.
My native language is Portuguese, I speak English and Spanish professionally and I have some fluency in French, Italian and Danish.
My present work:
– Animal trainer, instructor and consultant at etologia.pt and etologi.dk (Denmark, where I’m in cooperation). My main functions are training and animal rehabilitation (dogs, cats and horses), lectures and seminars in all Scandinavian, certified courses for pet owners, instructors training, personalized services for companies, NGO, and governmental or public entities worldwide;
– Director of studies of Portuguese language and Tutor at Ethology Institute Cambridge;
– Scientific Consultant at Portuguese Animal Observatory;
– International Speaker in Portuguese, English and Spanish;
– Multilingual scientific articles writer;
– Animal FACS and Pets in Society (anthrozoology) Researcher;
– Author of “Dogs in Society” and “A New Vision About Animal Training—Anthrozoology—Applied Ethology—Behaviourism” Books.
My most relevant professional education and experience:
– Military dog trainer course (PT);
– Certificate in Advanced Applied Ethology (UK);
– Expert in Human-Animal Studies (ES);
– Instructors Course and Juez CCE (ES);
– Professional license of Dog trainer, Behavioral Modification Technician and Dog Training in defense and surveillance operations (ES);
– Animal Assisted Therapy Course (US);
– Comprehensive Canine Therapy Course with IPDTA Certification and Portuguese Representation (CA);
– Auxiliary veterinary Course (PT);
– Courses in Leadership and coaching, Management of behaviors, psychosociology at work and interpersonal skills management, social psychology and NLP;
– Portuguese language translator of international projects of renowned professionals: Susan Friedman; Robin Bennett; Jenny Williams; Linda Michaels;
– CGC Evaluator at AKC (US);
– Instruction Skills Certificate (PT);
– Animal Shelter Services;
– Pet Sitting and Dog Walking Service.
Etologia.pt follows in the social field the study of the interaction between the animals and the human (Human-Animal Studies) allied to the training and behavior modification. A differentiated concept that implements a solid knowledge adapted to individual needs. It also aims to follow the philosophy of the Ethology Institute Cambridge and in all services practice accessible prices to all families or even free so that the knowledge can reach everyone, everywhere. If you agree with this thought, contribute voluntarily and support the idea.
It is our mission to promote the scientific approach in animal behavior modification, always having as an imperative the animal welfare; The natural communication and interspecific understanding; Provide skills and professional training to all professionals in this area, through activities, training, events or other agreements with companies or individuals; Participate in studies, research and publications in animal behavior field.
I would like to express my public thanks to Professor Roger Abrantes, to Tilde Detz Jensen and to the entire team of ethology.eu and etologi.dk for all the confidence, motivation and professionalism. Thank you.
“Nosce te ipsum” – Know yourself, the animals will thank you.
I have the CAAE certificate from the Ethology Institute Cambridge. If you would like to obtain a professional trainer program, contact the Ethology Institute Cambridge.
The institute offers excellent programs where you can take the theory online, managing your learning. You can also contact me for more information.