Roberto Barata, born in Lisbon, Portugal, works professionally since the age of 17 with dogs and other species, being an integral part of his life over this years.
His native language is Portuguese. Speaks English and Spanish professionally and has fluency in French and Danish.
His present work:
– Animal trainer, instructor and consultant. His main functions are training and animal rehabilitation (dogs, cats and horses), international lectures and seminars, certified courses for pet owners, instructors training, personalized services of counselling, coaching and mentoring for companies, universities, NGO, and governmental or private entities worldwide in cooperation with Etologisk Institut (etologi.dk, Denmark).
– Director of Studies and Tutor at Ethology Institute Cambridge.
– Scientific Consultant at Portuguese Animal Observatory;
– International Speaker in Portuguese, English and Spanish language;
– Writer of popular, review and scientific articles.
– Companion animals and human relationship in society (anthrozoology) Researcher and Implementer in animal training since 2011.
– “Dogs in Society” book author (launch at the end of 2018).
His most relevant professional education and previous experience:
– Certificate in Advanced Applied Ethology. (UK)
– Specialist Diploma in Human-Animal Studies. (ES)
– Graduate Animal Trainer Student- BSc in Animal Behaviour and Training. (UK)
– Instructors Course and Juez CCE. (ES)
– Professional license of dog trainer, behavioral modification technician and dog training in defense and surveillance operations. (ES)
– Military dog trainer course. (PT)
– Animal Assisted Therapy Course. (US)
– Comprehensive Canine Therapy Course with IPDTA Certification. (CA)
– Auxiliary Veterinary Technician Course. (PT)
– Courses in Leadership and coaching, Management of behaviours, psychosociology at work and interpersonal skills management, social psychology and NLP. (PT)
– Portuguese language translator of international projects from renowned professionals: Roger Abrantes; Susan Friedman; Robin Bennett; Jenny Williams; Linda Michaels.
– CGC Evaluator at AKC. (US)
– Instruction Skills Certificate (CCP). (PT)
– Animal Shelter Voluntary Services.
– Pet Sitting and Dog Walking Services.
Etologia.pt follows in the social field the study of the interaction between the animals and the human (Anthrozoology/Human-Animal Studies) allied to the training and behavior modification. A differentiated concept that implements a solid scientific knowledge adapted to individual needs.
It is our mission to promote the scientific approach in animal behavior modification, always having as an imperative the animal welfare; The natural communication and interspecific understanding; Provide skills and professional training to all professionals in this area, through activities, training, events or other agreements with companies or individuals; Participate in studies, research and publications in animal behavior field.
“I would like to express my public thanks to Professor Roger Abrantes, to Tilde Detz Jensen and to the entire team of ethology.eu and etologi.dk for all the confidence, motivation and professionalism. Thank you.
“Nosce te ipsum” – Know yourself, the animals will thank you.
I have the CAAE certificate from the Ethology Institute Cambridge. If you would like to obtain a professional trainer program, contact the Ethology Institute Cambridge.
The institute offers excellent programs where you can take the theory online, managing your learning. You can also contact us for more information.