My name is Roberto Barata, since my 18 years old I work professionally with dogs and other animals, being an integral part of my life over this years. My native language is Portuguese and besides English and Spanish, I speak and write fluently in French and Danish.
At the moment I’m in Denmark in cooperation with etologi.dk in training and animal rehabilitation (dogs, cats and horses), lectures in all Scandinavian, workshops and courses for families with pets, instructors training, consulting and coaching for companies, as well as development of my the “Teach Without Speech” Project and the monthly Dog Owners courses, among other personalized services and researchs that I do with private and other entities and worldwide.
Among severals professional education and experience, I highlight the most relevants:
– Military dog trainer course (PT);
– Certificate in Advanced Applied Ethology (UK);
– Expert in Human-Animal Studies (ES);
– Instructors Course and Juez CCE (ES);
– Animal Assisted Therapy Course (US);
– Comprehensive Canine Therapy Course with IPDTA Certification Portuguese Representation (CA);
– Auxiliary veterinary Course (PT);
– Courses in Leadership and coaching, Management of behaviors, psychosociology at work and interpersonal skills management, social psychology and NLP;
– CGC Evaluator at AKC (US);
– Certificate of teaching skills (PT).
– DogFACS / CatFACS / EquiFACS Project Follower Researcher;
– “Teach without speech” Project Author;
– International Speaker and multilingual writer of studies and scientific articles.
– Director of studies, translator of the Portuguese language and tutor at Ethology Institute Cambridge;
– Animal Trainer, Coach, and consultant at etologia.pt and etologi.dk
The etologia.pt follows in the social field the study of the interaction between the animals and the human (Human-Animal Studies) allied to the training and behavior modification. A differentiated concept that implements a solid knowledge adapted to individual needs. It also aims to follow the philosophy of the Ethology Institute Cambridge and in all services practice accessible prices to all families or even free so that the knowledge can reach everyone, everywhere. If you agree with this thought, contribute voluntarily and support the idea.
It is our mission to promote the scientific approach in animal behavior modification, always having as an imperative the animal welfare; The natural communication and interspecific understanding; Provide skills and professional training to all professionals in this area, through activities, training, events or other agreements with companies or individuals; Participate in studies, research and publications in animal behavior field.
I would like to express my public thanks to Professor Roger Abrantes, to Tilde Detz Jensen and to the entire team of ethology.eu and ethologi.dk for all the confidence, motivation and professionalism. Thank you.
“Nosce te ipsum” – Know yourself, the animals will thank you.
I have the CAAE certificate from the Ethology Institute Cambridge. If you would like to obtain a professional trainer program, contact the Ethology Institute Cambridge.
The institute offers excellent programs where you can take the theory online, managing your learning. You can also contact me for more information.